I have finally made some more progress on my Paper Bag Roses quilt. It was so frustrating to not be able to see well enough to sew by hand! My new glasses are wonderful. Now that I can see small details again, I can get back to English Paper Piecing, which is my preferred method for sewing hexagons. As you can see from the thread tails in the photo, I baste my fabrics to the thin cardboard templates, and then whipstitch the hexies together. This flower came together twice as fast as the last one I made wearing my old glasses. Thank goodness for progressive lenses, even if they cost more than a mortgage payment!